Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Morocco Here I Come

This was a fun, different recipe that I really enjoyed. I liked the sweetness of the sweet potatoes and cinnamon combined with the spice of the onions. And I love couscous because it is so versatile - you can add just about anything to it! I added chopped pistachios, raisins and lemon juice as that was what I had on hand, and it turned out tasty! The only suggestion I got on the meal (from my husband) was that the texture of the soup might be bettered if you blended part of it to make it thicker, which I agree might be a nice spin on the recipe though I liked it with a clear broth too. I also think a few added veggies could be fun too - like carrots and/or celery. All in all a great exotic meal that totally convinced me that I need to take a trip to Morocco to try out more of their food! Thanks Eva!

No comments: