So I know we're not officially blogging now, but I thought I'd still throw this out there for the fun of it. I was asked to bring a dessert to a dinner party the other night. It was a sunny, warm day (which is rare in Juneau) and I didn't feel like having to put anything in the oven. Then I found this parfait recipe on Epicurious. The presentation was really nice, and the recipe was quite easy. Definitely a nice summer dessert recipe to have on hand.
Lemon Parfaits w/Rasberries
- 1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups purchased lemon curd (from two 11 1/4-ounce jars) (I think 1 cup would be enough)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (from three 1/2-pint baskets)
Using electric mixer, beat cream in large bowl until stiff peaks form. Mix lemon curd, lemon juice and peel in another large bowl to blend. Fold in whipped cream, then 2 1/2 cups raspberries.
Divide lemon mixture among six 8- to 10-ounce wineglasses or dessert cups. Cover and chill until parfaits are cold, at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day.
Sprinkle remaining 1 cup raspberries atop parfaits and serve immediately.