Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Staci's Salisbury Steaks

I made the steaks the Saturday after Thanksgiving while my dad and his wife, Teresa were visiting us. It was a great dinner and we all enjoyed it! I didn't have garlic powder so I used fresh (I think about 3 or 4 cloves) and we all agreed that I should not have used so much. I love garlic and usually subscribe to the "more is always better" method, but this time Teresa made a great point that the garlic over-powered the other more subtle flavors like the green pepper. I'm sure that if I used the garlic powder this would not have happened. Other than that I did every thing the way the recipe directed and served it with mashed potatoes. I will make this again. It was definitely comfort food.

No comments: