Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Gluten Free Bottom-of-the-fridge Pizza




Gluten Free Week Night Pizza

One of my most proud culinary creations happened when, after standing in the middle of the kitchen (at 5pm) asking myself "What should I make for dinner?... WHAT should I make for dinner?!" All the while sensing that the ones I love most were plotting mutiny because dinner was not underway. So, I quickly pulled out a Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust mix and got it started. While it was resting I went diving into the produce drawers of the fridge. I pulled out, yellow zucchini, red & yellow pepper and white onion.  Then I minced some fresh garlic into olive oil to set for a bit.  I brushed the dough with the garlic infused olive oil and par baked it.  Once it was finished I smothered it with mozzarella, zucchini, peppers and onion.  Finally I dabbed the remaining olive oil on top the veggies and back in the oven it went.  At the very last I crushed some dried basil over the top and served! It was delicious!  Thank God & Bob's Red Mill for preventing civil war at the Severns house!

No comments: