Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Blue Cheese & Pear Salad

I got this recipe off the Weight Watchers web site and love it! A few notes: If you don't prefer blue cheese try Gorgonzola, I used non fat plain yogurt instead of butter milk and added some regular milk to thin it a bit, I also added a few red grapes as I didn't have enough pear to go around, and lastly I used toasted sunflower seeds because I am allergic to walnuts. Delicious, light summer salad! I highly recommend!

Blue Cheese and Pear Salad

1 bunch arugula, torn
1 head romaine lettuce, torn
3 medium pears, cored and thinly sliced
1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cups blue cheese
1 medium garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
3/4 oz chopped walnuts, about 3 Tbsp, toasted


Divide arugula and romaine among plates. Arrange pears on greens.
Combine buttermilk, cheese, garlic and pepper. Toss salad in dressing.
Sprinkle with walnuts and serve.

1 comment:

Serena said...

Yummy Yummy Yummy....love this salad :)