Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Delicious...

and just the ticket for my winter blues. I really enjoyed eating and making this meal. I will make it again. I love Greek food so I'm not surprised. It makes me want to make Carrie's recipes again from last summer.
A few things: I used all dried herbs on the chicken because I didn't want to spend the money this time. I know that it would have tasted completely different (and better) with fresh. Also, we didn't have our BBQ set up yet because we just moved so I broiled it. Again, it was really good but I know it would have been so much better grilled. My pita bread was tough and that was disappointing. Any hints? I might have left it in the oven a little too long. The thing that I enjoyed most about this meal was eating it all together. I just love how good the flavors meld in Greek food! YUMM!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Your descriptions and especially your picture is making my mouth water!!

Rachel said...

My bread is a bit tough too. I think it has something to do with the frying b/c I tasted it before I fried it and it wasn't. So...?