Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Pita Power

I tried the chicken and pitas over the weekend, and they were both delicious! I wasn't able to marinate the chicken for as long as the recipe suggested, but the flavor was still wonderful. I also subbed a few of the fresh herbs for dried ones, and again, the flavor was still good.
The pita bread was really easy to make! Of course, my sister was visiting so she was able to help me roll (or toss) the pita dough into rounds, which cut down on the prep time. We accidentally made a few of the pitas too thick, but in general they turned out great - and held together quite well. And of course we fealt like domestic goddesses at having made them from scratch.
We grilled red onions and peppers in addition to the chicken, and served feta cheese and tzatziki sauce on the side. All in all a great Greek meal. Thank you, Rachel!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

MMMMM! I just had Greek food out last night but your descriptions are making me crave it again! So glad you liked it. :)