Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

oopsy!

Oh my gosh girls... i'm sooo sorry, I totally forgot to post a recipe this weekend!
It was my birthday so I was gone all weekend and celebrating lots with friends and dinner parties on the weekend and to the spa on monday for pedicures and lunch with the girls..I just got home last night after work and had much unpacking to do. So again I apologize!

I just made this recipe for a dinner party/potluck fiesta this weekend and with summer in the air and cinco de mayo on the calender here is a fun corn salsa.... especially with the "hint of lime" tortilla chips...mmmmm

Corn Salsa
1 can diced tomatoes or more (16 oz. petite dice)
1 green pepper
1-3 garlic cloves
1 small or medium onion
cilantro to taste
1 can black beans
frozen corn
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Tabasco sauce (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
lime juice (optional)
1 tablespoon sugar

Chop green pepper and onion. Dice garlic. Chop cilantro. Drain/rinse corn. Combine all ingredients.

3 comments:

Eva said...

sounds good, and how appropriate for Cinco de Mayo!

Rachel said...

Yumm! I have a very similar recipe that also calls for avocado, I bet that would be good too!

Serena said...

Ohh Rachel, avocado would be a great addition to this recipe, Yum. I'll have to try that next time. Thank you :)