Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Well...

I was going to take my picture as usual but realized only too late that I had been so excited to eat when my meal was finished that I forgot to take the picture! So here is an "aftermath" picture I thought I'd share. And this is an "aftermath" picture of what Anders was doing while I was cooking dinner.
On to my review... I made the carrot salad as written but forgot to add red chili to my list so I ate it w/o the chili. The spiciness of the chili really makes this salad extra yummy so I don't recommend leaving it out BUT it tasted good without it too so if you really hate anything spicy I still think you should try it. I left the cashews out (so it didn't get soggy) when I put it in the fridge overnight and added the chili the next day--so much better!
The chicken was great, too. I love garlic so this tasted heavenly!! I used too much oil which was a shame because it was so greasy and I used white pepper. I have suspected that I don't like white pepper and this confirmed that. It tastes so yucky to me, the only way I can explain how I think it tastes is horse hooves. Does anyone else get what I mean?? Next time I will most definitely use black pepper!

2 comments:

carrie said...

I can't believe how big he is! I think the last pic I've seen of him was when he was just a handful of months!

stacita said...

Horse Hooves! Sure, Rachel, we know what you mean. :)