Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Review: Grilled Chicken Salad


I really liked this salad! I was a bit nervous about actually setting the match to the warm rum so Andy did it for me but it wasn't the dramatic flame that I expected! As far as the making of the salad goes...
I did the dressing like it called for except I ended up using canola oil because I thought they were the same. I have never made dressing like this and it was good. I used light rum for the marinade because we have it on hand. That was it for the changes I made.
We had company over for dinner and they loved the dressing, I ended up sending half of it home with them because I knew we wouldn't eat it all. Also, I opted to serve dinner rolls instead of tortillas because our friends are BIG bread eaters. I am very anxious to try it with tortillas because I think that would be a really good combo! Thanks Tisha, we loved it!

1 comment:

Eva said...

Beautiful Picture!