Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Indian Fare


So I cooked up the chicken makhani last night for some friends, and we all loved it! I followed the recipe exactly except for the cornstarch (and adding a few splashes of beer), and it was very flavorful and the perfect consistency. The chicken, which I served over rice, was nice and tender. My friend recommended adding a few cinnamon sticks to the rice in the future, advice given to her by an Indian friend. We had raitha on the side to counteract the spice of the chicken dish (which thankfully was not too spicy for my sensitive pallet) as well as squash skewers. The squash recipe can be found at http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1809101 (I added zucchini & broiled them instead of grilling). I thought they went really well with the chicken dish. And of course, we had some naan too! Can you tell I love Indian food? Thank you for sharing such a fabulous recipe, Rachel!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You're welcome! I am SO glad you liked it! :)