Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Last Night's Delight

I know, I know, dorky title, but seriously, I enjoyed the wild rice last night so much! I am looking forward to eating more for lunch today. I didn't read carefully last night so it was too late to serve it completely chilled. We had it a little cooler than room temp and it was delicious. So today I'll have it chilled. I really loved the mix of flavors. The almonds totally made it. Actually, I could say that about the cranberries, and red onion, too! I used veg. oil instead of canola because that was what I had. I used a little more carrots and celery than it called for. I can't really think of anything else that I did differently. I will make this again. It will be great for a summer meal, or potlucks and get-togethers of all sorts. I just loved it!

No comments: