Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Ginger Orange Cashew Chicken Review (Severns)

Tonight I made this recipe and was very excited about it because it sounds so good and Andy has been craving Asian food. I followed the recipe exactly, with the exception of adding a bit more chicken stock because I wanted extra sauce. I am so glad I did that! I wanted to heed Staci's suggestion of cutting the soy sauce however, I really wanted to make the recipe as is the first time. Next time I will cut the soy sauce in half. It really was too salty and everyone at the table agreed.

As far as my own observations and amendments for next time. I will use more ginger because of my families preference for ginger and I will use more orange juice and possibly some zest. I could not detect the orange flavor at all. Overall, this recipe is good and I will make it again - I love how easy it is! FIVE thumbs up!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I forgot to say i added about 1/2 cup shredded carrot and the same amount of frozen peas.