Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Bronco Burgers

Since life is a bit unpredictable right now I thought I'd post early rather than take the chance of forgetting altogether!

This recipe has converted me to a burger lover! As you all know, I am not a big meat eater. I have always appreciated a cheeseburger - if - it was a really good quality, cooked just right burger. Well, thanks (once again) to allrecipes.com, I have found the burger my stomach was always searching for!

A couple of notes: The recipe calls for quantities that make 4 large burger patties. If I am making this recipe just for my family I use 1 - 1 1/2 pounds of meat and make the patties a bit smaller. Also, the kids aren't keen on heat so I completely de-seed and de-spine the jalapeno and it's not hot at all - don't skip the jalapeno! ALWAYS eat this burger with a cold beer.

Bronco Burgers

2 fresh jalapeno peppers
2 pounds ground beef
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 egg
2 tablespoons steak sauce, (e.g. Heinz 57)
2 tablespoons minced white onion
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
1/2 pinch dried oregano
1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons crushed Fritos® corn chips
4 large potato hamburger buns
4 slices cheese

Directions: Preheat a grill. In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the chopped jalapenos, ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, steak sauce, onion, hot pepper sauce, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and Fritos®. Divide into 4 (or however many) balls, and flatten into patties.

Grill patties for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, or until well done. Remove from the grill and place on buns. Top each one with a slice of cheese. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tisha said...

Sounds great! I'm getting in the mood for grilling again now that spring is here. Thanks, Rach!