Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Garam Masala Lentil Review (Severns)

I will start by saying that I did not follow this recipe exactly.  I used it as a place to jump off from.  I know, I know... that is not what we are suppose to do.  However, one night I was really craving the spices and lentils that come from this recipe and decided to make it even though I didn't have all the ingredients.

To start, I did not have potatoes so I made the recipe with only the lentils.  From this point I actually made the entire recipe the way it said except instead of the peppers I used zucchini and carrots.  Peppers do not go over well in this house (as much as I continue to try) but carrots and zucchini are favorites.  I topped each bowl with the almonds and golden raisins.  I served this stew with soft chewy Italian bread.  It was a hit!  There was enough that I froze the left overs and will have another meal some evening I haven't got time to make dinner!

1 comment:

Cahill Clan said...

I LOVE that you change it up!! I always feeling guilty doing that but it is exactly why I love this blog....saves me the trouble of experimenting and learn from others! I think I will add the zucchini next time too since it just doesnt seem to want to stop growing in our garden!!!