Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunday Night Dinner

Last night I made the Turkey Corn Soup and Carrie's Parent Tot Bread. It was so nice to have dinner ready by 11am! I really like the whole crock pot idea - especially as a weeknight option. I used turkey breasts instead of thighs and browned them and the onions before putting them in the pot. I also added black beans and diced tomatoes. The soup turned out to be colorful and delicious. The tomatillo salsa definitely added a kick. It was a little on the spicy side for me, but with the sour cream to tone it down, it was perfect. And I loved the Parent Tot Bread! Pulling those golden brown rolls out of the oven was so exciting, and they tasted great. They definitely made my bread-making skills look a lot better than they are. I look forward to trying the Peanut Butter Bread soon. Thanks for the great recipes Nikki and Carrie!

2 comments:

carrie said...

I do think that bread is one of the easiest bread recipes around, it just seems to always turn out :)

Did you try the soup I posted Tish? Can't remember if I read a review by you....

Tisha said...

No, sadly I haven't. It sounds delicious, its just that the cooking time doesn't allow me to do it after work. I will have to try it next weekend.