Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Take-Over (Severns)

Of course we had a lot of turkey left over and this year I had hoped for this because I have been waiting to make Nikki's soup! So this afternoon while kiddos were sleeping Andy & I cleaned out the fridge to evaluate how much we were dealing with. I started to put the soup together in a stock pot instead of the crock-pot, while Andy diced up the turkey. I pretty much did everything according to the recipe except I didn't add the chiles. I am glad I didn't because it was just the right spicy-ness. In the recipe the list of ingredients doesn't say anything about beans but in the written instructions it mentions beans. I am assuming the recipe calls for black beans or something similar. However I did not have beans so I didn't add them, next time I will. This soup was so good! All of us liked it a lot. I will definitely make this soup again. I think next time when it isn't Thanksgiving, I'll make it with chicken. Yumm Yumm! Four thumbs up!

No comments: