Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, November 3, 2008

Turkey-Corn Soup & Peanut Butter Bread

Ok so here is my pick! I'm sure you are like what took so long to post but over the weekend Carson and Nathan spilt coffee on the keyboard at it died! So when I went to post last night I could not do it. So now we have a new keyboard and I'm ready to go! I picked the peanut butter bread to go with another soup I was going to do but then I bought a new slower cooker magazine and found this soup so that is why its such a crazy combo! So i figure PB bread will be dessert!

Turkey-Corn Soup

2 turkey thighs (1 lb each),
skin removed

1 medium onion, chopped

1 can corn, drained

1 1/2 cups medium-hot tomatillo salsa

1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles

2 tsp minced garlic

1 1/2 tsp ground cumin

1/2 tsp salt

1/3 cup chopped cilantro

Serve with sour cream and Monterey Jack cheese


1. Put turkey thighs and onion in a 3 1/2-qt or larger slow cooker. Add beans and corn. Mix salsa, chiles, garlic cumin and salt in a medium bowl; poor all over

2. Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove turkey to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.

3. Return meat to cooker; stir in cilantro and serve!


Peanut Butter Bread

2 cups flour

4 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

1/4 cup sugar

2/3 peanut butter

1 1/4 cups milk

Preheat oven to 350 grease loaf pan.

Combine dry ingredients. Add milk to peanut butter; combine well. Add peanut butter to flour; mix well. Pour into pan and bake 45-50 minutes.

I'm really looking forward to making these since they are new for me too! Got to love new cookbooks! Hope you all enjoy! I also thought that the soup will be perfect for all those leftovers we will all soon have.

2 comments:

Cahill Clan said...

WOW! what an interesting fun bread!I can't wait to try these recipes!

Eva said...

the soup sounds so good! I love tomatillos