Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Turkey Corn Soup turned Enchiladas

So I'm not completely sure why but my soup did not really turn out very soupy. I did not do turkey legs but just threw in all the leftover turkey, and even added some extra stock but it still turned out pretty thick and looked so similar to our Tortilla soup we make (which we had just had) that I just wasn't interested in eating it in soup form. :) So I drained out the little liquid there was and made it into enchiladas, it was really really good. I made a white sauce instead of red sauce to go with them and presto dinner was done. I liked the idea of this soup and it did not end up tasting like our Tortilla soup though it looked the same, so I think I may take some of the ideas from this soup if I'm looking to mix up or Tortilla soup standby.

I haven't made the peanut butter bread but it is on the To Do list for the week!

(Slowly trying to catch up!) :)

2 comments:

Cahill Clan said...

I think that using the raw meat in the slow cooker helps add some broth as the turkey cooks and sweats. I love the idea though! Yummy! I really need to invite myself over more often between you and Jonathon dinner is always fab! (Can I just say I am sooooo proud of you and your new confidence in cooking!!!!)

Rachel said...

Mine was thick like that too and I really liked it!