Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Brown Rice Salad


So Nikki and I made this tonight and I loved how quick and easy it was. We decided to go vegetarian. We actually did not have mushrooms, they got forgotten off the grocery list as did the avocados. I think I would have loved the flavor of the avocados with this and think I'll do it again just to try it. Nikki is not an avocado fan so she did not miss them. I'm not a mushroom fan so didn't miss those. We both could see where Tishas suggestion of more veggies would be good. I'm wondering if I'll like it even more tomorrow cold instead of with the rice warm. This is something that unfortunately most of the rest of my family and Nikkis would not be to into but we could see making it for lunch over a couple of days for ourselves and maybe getting the kiddos to eat it that way. Good pick Tisha!

No comments: