Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Takes 3 tango???? or at least cook

Friday night I had the pleasure of having Nikki and carrie over to cook with me! Our mission was to make the Gingered carrot soup. To accompany the soup we had panini sandwiches and an assortment of fabulous desserts and wine! Admittedly we were all a bit hesitant to make the soup. I for one am not a huge soup fan especially pureed soups so it was a stretch. When the soup was finished we debated on adding the brown sugar or not and after a taste test decided that would be a great addition (good call Serena). We all agreed that the soup was lacking a little kick, and went searching for the "missing" layer of flavor. We didn't want to run the entire pot of soup so we made a few little tester bowls and added different things to each bowl! By the time we finished we had found our "secret ingredient" and all agreed the soup was much better than we gave it credit for. Although i probably won't add this to my regular menus I can see it being a great starter for a morrocan meal. I actually took the leftovers and froze them thinking I want to try making a sorbet out of it to accompany such a meal. It may turn out terrible but I think the cold yet spicy flavor could be a huge hit with the right meal. I will keep you posted!! Thanks Serena for broadening my horizons!!!!

No comments: