Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Apple Pot Roast

I wouldn't say this picture looks all that appetizing, but I took one and it's always fun seeing a picture so I posted it anyway. I really liked the flavor of this roast. I would like to experiment with it again because I made some changes that I suspect didn't do this recipe justice. I used the crock pot. I think that's what made this roast SO dry. I am sorry that I did that. Is that what made it so dry? I need some advice here. Did yours turn out dry using the right method? I suspect not but someone please help me! Other than that it was great. I served it with Quinoa that I cooked in chicken broth instead of water and that was really good with it. I'll make it again...the right way. :)

2 comments:

Serena said...

Eva, My roast was very moist and litterally falling apart. My guess is the dryness came from the crock pot. I have to say my grandma makes a fabulous roast and she always says that her roast turns out best when cooked in a stainless steel dutch oven pot in the oven and her's is never as good done in the crock pot. I'm sorry your's got dry. I hope this helps. :)

Eva said...

thanks! I'll try not to be so lazy next time and do it on the stove. I'm sure your right.