Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chicken strips

Katrina and I made these last night for a quick dinner after a long day of work. I loved that the recipe was super fast to make, had many steps that she could help me in the kitchen with and I had everything needed on hand. Ok, well, sort of, I made some substitions. Instead of buttermilk I used 2 Tb sour cream diluted with 1 Tb milk, I used panko crumbs for the bread crumbs and a spritz of olive oil for the melted butter, and freshly grated parmesan cheese. I really liked the crispy coating, and the low fat version of chicken strips. I think next time I may cut back on the dill and add a different blend of seasoning to fit our tastes better but, we both enjoyed them. My favorite part, the leftovers didn't turn soggy and we ate them for lunch today! Thanks for another great recipe!!


PS pot roast review coming soon, can't seem to bring myself to make a roast for just 1.5 people to eat.

No comments: