Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

BBQ Ribs (Severns)

OK, so here is my debut post (in Rachel's place of course), but luckily for me, Rachel had a function to go to and me and the kids got to enjoy this yumminess all by ourselves. The only variation I made was due to the fact that I had no garlic salt, thus I used 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp salt (which kind of doubled the amt called for, however no ill effects were noticed. I also thought it weird to only put in a half a cup of cola because with the amt of ribs, it seemed that not very much of the ribs surfaces were in contact with the cola, and I know that cola kind of tenderizes the meat in a way. all that to say I will probably double the cola amt the next time and see what happens. I only used 3/4 cup sauce as that was sufficient to coat the ribs. As far as tasty yumminess, two thumbs up. The kids were laughing at how messy my hands were as I was cutting meat off the bones for everyone, and they were eating it literally faster than I could cut. Very good. Definite repeat.

No comments: