Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, November 23, 2009

Staci's Salisbury Steaks and green beans

This is a recipe I really enjoy that I got from my in-laws. I must admit I am not a mushroom fan so now that I can cook it my way I cut them up very small and don't notice them. I hope you enjoy a break from the turkey leftovers and try this one out!

1 can golden mushroom soup
1/2 pkt onion soup mix
1 lb ground beef (also have used turkey but then cut oatmeal if it feels dry)
1/2 c. dry oatmeal
2 eggs
1/2 c. finely chopped onions
1 1/4 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 c green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 pinch cayenne pepper
3 pinches garlic powder
2 dollops Worcestershire sauce
1 dollop tabasco sauce
2Tb butter

potatoes, noodles, or rice to serve with.

Mix 1/4 c of the mushrooms and all ingredients except mushroom soup, butter, and remaining mushrooms. Cover and let rest in fridge 2 hrs (or up to 24hr). Form into patties and cook in large skillet over med. high heat until cooked through and nicely browned, time varies depending on thickness of your patties. Remove from skillet and set aside.

Add butter and mushrooms to skillet and saute until mushrooms for a few minutes, add the mushroom soup and a bit of water to thin out. Bring to boil, reduce heat add patties back, and simmer 10 minutes.

Serve over noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.

I have also made this into meatballs and it is good but I prefer the patties.

I love doing the green beans this way to serve with this.
1 lb fresh green beans cut french style
1 tsp salt
1 tb butter

Boil enough water to cover your beans and add salt and beans. Cook until beans are almost tender but not too soft. drain the water and beans, add butter to pan and melt. return beans to pan and cook about 3-5 minutes or until beans start to brown slightly, add salt or peper to taste and serve.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

MMMMM... sounds good. My husband will love this meal!

Serena said...

Delish!!