Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Catching Up

I've been a little delinquent on this round of recipes, but I finally made the Apple Pot Roast and Chili! It was my first ever pot roast, and I can't figure out why I waited so long - it was delicious! It was tender and flavorful. Like Rachel, I also only used a portion of the apple juice and I used hard cider. It was slightly sweet and apple-flavored, but not overwhelmingly. I think one of my favorite parts was getting to make french dip sandwiches with the leftovers the next night!
I also really liked the chili though I was skeptical of the ranch flavoring at first. I cut the recipe in half (which still easily fed 5 of us) and served it with sharp cheddar cheese, green onions and corn bread. Everyone really enjoyed it. I think next time I will add a few more veggies like a green bell pepper and some corn. I'm looking forward to trying the beer bread in the future!
Thank you Carrie and Serena for some flavorful fall food ideas.

No comments: