Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Where's the beef?

So yummy!!!! I am sitting in a food induced stupor. Today I finally gave in and made the Apple Pot roast for Katrina and I. I was VERY skeptical of what she would eat since she is somewhat of a vegetarian. I was hoping an apple flavor and "sweet" taste others mentioned would win her over. IT WORKED!!! I didn;t find this to be sweet at all. I certainly had a hint of apple flavor but nothing over-powering at all. We both loved this recipe and will certainly make it again!

Now for what I did differently (cuz y'all know I can't keep any recipe as written)

for starters I used a pork roast (they are smaller, cheaper, and I was a bit afraid of a sweeter beef so opted for pork thinking it goes great with applesauce anyway)

I did cut the apple concentrate/ juice/ water in half since my roast was much smaller
I kept the same amount of garlic, and soup mix although left my cloves whole and shoved into the slits in the meat.

I also make my own onion soup mix and think that made a big difference, it doesn't have much salt and so the flavors are much more pronounced.

This was fabulous!!!! Sorry for doubting you Serena, I should know better by now!!! I owe you an apology this was yummy.

and did I mention... KATRINA HAD 3RDS of the MEAT??????

No comments: