Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Review--just in the nick of time!

I always take pictures of my meals but they NEVER turn out nice. Who taught you all how to be professional food photographers? Well seriously I can just hear each of you saying-- "Oh who cares just post it anyway!" But no, this is too humiliating. I am making your yummy recipes look absolutely sickening. So, that said, my post on the Birth Soup:

The Soup was good the first time and great the next day. As with most soups the longer it sat the better it was. We had a discussion over the soup while eating it because not only was I sharing the meal with my husband and baby, but also fellow chic chef-er Alyssa!! Yay! Anyway... we decided it would taste really yummy with herring or smoked salmon. Almost like a chowder or something. It was a great base soup and you could throw many different spins on it if you wanted to. I used half and half instead of heavy cream and I used more garlic and more onion and I used dried basil. I think fresh basil would have been better of course but the dried was fine. I think it will be great for winter, when your sick, after birth, etc. Haven't made the pumpkin bread yet but don't worry I will because apparently it is
A-MAZ-ING!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Smoked haddock not herring, Eva. Duh. Ha ha!