Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tisha's Tasty Thai Treat

Well, I looked and looked for this Taste of Thai soup mix and couldn't find it. This remains puzzling to me since all of our grocery stores have entire isles dedicated to Asian foods. Oh well... the closest thing I could find was the correct brand and it was their version of Ramen Noodles, it was called Thai Ginger. So I began by substituting that and adding more coconut milk. I got the lemongrass from the market and didn't know that I was eventually suppose to fish it out of the soup before I served it so I sliced it up like a green onion. :( This made for quite an annoyance later. BUT, the soup was delicious! We ate it over the rice noodles that went with the seasoning packets. I really think the rice would be good and next time we'll try that. Actually, as I finished getting all the lemongrass out I took a few spoon fulls of the soup without noodles and LOVED IT. Since I am not much of a meat fan, I would much rather this soup without the chicken. I think when I make it again I'll put the rice on the side and everyone can eat it as preferred and maybe pick the chicken out of mine. My whole family ate it up and Andy had seconds! FOUR THUMBS UP!!!

No comments: