Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Better late then never!

I swear this is the theme for my life! I have been cooking just not able to post so much. Things have been crazy around here with with Christmas and with all this snow. After 3 weeks of snow i can finally see my grass! It might not sound like much to some of you but we have never had this much snow in Seattle in my life time. The reason I'm telling you all this is so you can understand what happen to the lamb soup. Carrie and I got this great idea out shopping that the day we did our Christmas breakfast that if all was going well we would make soup for dinner while the kids played. I'm sure some of you are laughing and will not be shocked to find out that we didn't make the soup! So a day or two later I made the soup. So as I'm making a double patch of the soup (so i could take to Carrie) my husband is watching the news and they are saying all this stuff about 70mph winds and that it is going to be the worst right where we live! So since it seems that we lose power if some one sneezes to hard we thought we would be smart and pack our bags just in case the power goes out in the middle of the night. So now my house smells so good from the soup and just as I'm adding the egg the power starts to flicker! I did finish the soup and Nathan and i split a meatball to make sure it was done and we both thought it was great and then we both looked outside again to see that in the hour the soup was cooking we must have gotten like 4 inches of snow. With only my Acura working at the time Nathan made the call to go stay at his parents! The good news is it was a very good thing we left our house since we got some much snow that our car was stuck at my in laws for 3 days. The bad news was by the time we got back to the house and done with all the Christmas stuff we still needed to do the soup was bad! I was so sad! I think i will try this one again when they are only forecasting rain!


I also made Carries soup and it was a hit around here! The boys both had so much! The only thing Nathan said is he thought it needed more meat. I also gave some to my grandparents and they both really loved it too. They only thing they said it they could have done without the meat! I guess you can't please them all!

Also Happy New Year ladies! Even though I'm pretty bad about posting I love this and I hope that we keep it up for a long time.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Your ahead of me at least...the lamb soup and broccoli cheese is on the menu for like the third time this time though the groceries will be in the fridge!