Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Crock Pot Sweet Chick

I made the crock pot chicken last night. I followed the recipe (using chicken breasts) exactly except for the brown sugar. I used a 1/4 cup of the brown sugar. I still thought it was too sweet! I really think that with the amount of sugar in the 7Up that next time I will try it with no brown sugar.
As it was, I turned off the crock when I was preparing the rest of the meal and coarsely shredded the chicken. I tasted it and thought it was too sweet so I dumped more soy sauce in, probably about as much as the recipe calls for again. This helped. I also thought it needed more garlic.
All this to say, we liked the recipe. It smelled yummy as it cooked all afternoon. I have a teriyaki recipe that is similar. In summary, I will try this recipe again and tweak it with more garlic and no sugar. The family liked it!

No comments: