Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Friday, October 9, 2009

Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken

Hello Again! I am so glad the blog is active again! I am looking forward to all the new recipes. I think we are all feeling a little slow starting up and I have to say that I haven't made the Indian Chicken yet but I think that instead of trying to catch up I am just going to join in now and then make it sometime in the future. So that one can be my one freebie.


I made the Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken while Mark's parents were visiting. I appreciated the ease of the crockpot! Mark's parents really liked it. If I make this again I will propbably cut the sugar in half and see what it is like. I just thought it was too sweet. I didn't change the recipe at all, I served it with brown rice and a green salad (obviously). Maybe I would also try adding more garlic as well.

2 comments:

carrie said...

I noticed in the reviews there were quite a few people who cut the sugar down. Did you use a whole chicken? I was thinking of using chicken breasts and figured I'd try cutting the sugar in half. Crock pots are nice aren't they? I'm always hoping to find recipes we'll love I'm curious to make this one.

Eva said...

I didn't, I used five breasts and you know I actually didn't think about it but that was probably the reason it was so sweet.