Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Breakfast for dinner anyone?

I combined the French Toast Souffle, with the "cheesy potatoes" for dinner this week. I absolutely loved that in about 10 minutes before work I was able to prep the souffle and the ingredients for the potatoes. When I got home I spent 5 minutes mixing potato stuff together and baked both at the same time at 350. Then I was free to play with katrina while it baked.

The results were mixed! My biggest problem with the dinner was that there was WAAAAAAAY to much food for the 1.5 of us to eat. I loved the potatoes (I did sub fresh onion for dried minced onion) as did kat. The souffle was not my fav that night. It was okay but lacked some flavor (I did add a cinnamon/sugar/coconut sprinkle I have to top) and the bread was too soft for my liking. Although, I give the recipe HUGE props because the next day I brough it to work and all 3 kids ate it up for lunch and again the next day ASKED for it for their snack (over ice cream I might add).

I will make both again, when we are feeding more people. I think I will also either make a reduced fruit compote/chutney with it or add meat or fruit to it as it bakes. I think it is a great starter recipe and am excited to see what I can build off of it.

and yes, 5 days later we are still eating the potatoes and they are just as yummy!

No comments: