Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Potato & Lentil Review (Severns)

I am in Oregon and have enjoyed making the latest two recipes with Eva! Yesterday morning we made the potato casserole. It was easy. The only alteration we made was less cheese. When we ate it, I couldn't help thinking it was really bland. I added more salt and pepper but it didn't really help. This morning we scrambled eggs and ate them along with it. I thought this along with the casserole sitting 24 hours was an improvement.

Tonight I made the lentil recipe and it was really good. I really like all the fresh veggies in it. I didn't alter the recipe at all. Eva made polenta to go along with it and it was a great companion. This recipe will be added to my regulars.

No comments: