Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Scrumptious Souffle

So I was a little skeptical about this recipe as I assembled it on Friday night, but boy did it turn out to be scrumptious! I didn't have 1/2 & 1/2 on hand, so I just skipped it altogether, and it still turned out fabulous. I used my favorite french toast bread - challah - and sprinkled some cinnamon on top before baking. I did only end up needing to cook it for about 40 minutes, but that may have been because I had less liquid in mine. It tasted delicious - just like french toast, and it reheated really nicely in the microwave so we enjoyed it all weekend. I will definitely be making this again. It would be a great recipe for company since you can do it all the night before. Thank you, Carrie, for encouraging us to do something different!

No comments: