Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Greek Chicken & Pita Bread Review (Severns)

Well, even though I was the one who submitted these recipes I had to make them because I hadn't before. I made the pita bread two days before my company came for the weekend. It was so easy. I spent the day at home with the kids and it was nothing to complete step by step the recipe. I divided the product into two batches, one for the freezer (for a couple weeks later) and one for the fridge for two days later.

I followed the recipe exactly and liked how the bread came out. When it came to frying them in the pan I didn't have so much luck. I couldn't seem to get little enough oil. Ultimately I ended up doing the last piece (my piece) in the pan without oil. I liked that the best. So when I get the rest of them out of the freezer next week I think I'll just heat them in the pan without the oil.

The chicken!!! Oh Man, the chicken was delicious! I sliced fat slices of red onion and red pepper and put them on the grill as I was grilling the chicken (I used breast meat). They added so much to the experience. I made a green Greek salad and served tzaziki sauce for the sandwiches. Everyone loved the meal. Andy called in the middle of our dinner and was so jealous he wasn't eating yummy Greek food but sandy Brit food! (HaHaHa) I'll have to make it again in July!

PS: I am making the entire meal again this week when my dad visits!

No comments: