Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Friday, July 4, 2008

Chicken Mmmmmmsala (errr . . . Chicken Jerez?)

I tried the Chicken Marsala. My dad is here, so I had someone to cook for. That was great! It was especially fun being that it was Eva's recipe.
Annoying little tidbit: Marsala is from Italy, I think it's from Sicily actually. I live SO close to Sicily, but went to three places that did NOT carry dry Marsala. I found the sweet stuff, but that wouldn't be suitable for this recipe. So, I went online to look for a substitute. Luckily I had some Jerez Seco (Dry Sherry) in my cupboard.
It turned out GREAT! It was so, so, so, so good. I followed the recipe to the T, other than the Marsala. Dad thought it was excellent as well. I wouldn't do anything differently . . . although, I might like to try it sometime with Marsala to compare.
Thanks, Eva!

No comments: