Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Sunday Salmon

I made this meal yesterday. We had Andy's brother and his wife over for dinner. I never make a meal I haven't prepared before when we are expecting company but for some reason this felt different, like an exception was okay. We started out with a Mondavi Chardonnay with sushi as an appetizer, which was really yummy! Then was dinner... I pretty much followed the instructions, well with a few variations. First of all, I have been on a pinenut kick so in the salad I used pinenuts. I also used an olive oil that has thyme, basil, oregano and garlic to accompany the balsamic vinegar. For the dessert I used Serena's recipe for inspiration. I made a lemon pound cake and we had fresh strawberry-blueberry shortcake. And topped it with whipped cream. The overall consensous was YummYumm, this is really good! I will make all of these recipes again however I didn't like the sweet potato with the sweet glaze, I found myself wishing for a savory potato to go with the sweet salmon. But over all I loved everything. Definate redo's!

No comments: