Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Keep The Recipes Comin'!

The chicken marsala is a repeat, for sure! I really liked it and itwas obvious that Andy and each of the kids did too! I have never made this before so I decided to stick to the recipe closely, maybe more closely than I ever have. I think next time I will use the same amount of liquid but less bouillon and not quite as much salt on the chicken, I felt like the sauce was a bit too salty (Andy did not). I tried the linguine trick that Stacy suggested and I really like that, it's hard to know exactly when to transfer the pasta from water to sauce but I think I managed. Next time I will not simmer quite so much down, it wasn't as saucy as we would have liked. I have concluded something that I have always known subconsciously... I LOVE the smell of butter, onions, salt and pepper sauteing in the pan! Oh my gosh it is absolutely euphoric! I am loving new recipes to try out so often and it is even more fun to know that my friends are experiencing the same ones at the same time. I have realized, however, I am so excited and focused on the new recipe that any side dish is totally an after-thought! Luckily tonight I had some salad greens already washed and prepared so I just threw them into a bowl, otherwise we would have had to consider the mushrooms our veggie! FOUR THUMBS UP!!!

No comments: