Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Full Meal Deal!

Wow Serena, that was quite the full menu! Nothing like giving me a tough act to follow! I made most of the dinner tonight. I didn't do the drink or dessert because I wasn't planning on doing the meal tonight and was missing some key ingredients. I will have to try those later. I absolutely loved the salad! The salmon and potatoes were fabulous as well. I did do a few substitutions but still everything worked out well.

So, what I did was this..... I never turned on the oven and did it all on the grill. I followed the recipe but rather than bake the potatoes or fish I wrapped them in foil and followed th e rest of the recipe (i did however add olive oil to the fish to prevent it from sticking to the foil, this was not needed with the potatoes). When the fish was almost done I opened the foil, brushed on the glaze and cooked a few more minutes with foil open. I did basically the same thing with the potatoes. I used baby reds split in half rather than the diced combo (again, only because I had them on hand) and they were so yummy!!!!

This salad was awesome! I did change a few things (again what I had on hand) and omitted the apple and included raspberries. It looked so pretty we didn't want to eat it! (I would take a pic but my camera died).

This is a meal I will definitely make again. The only change I would do is to serve my salad last in hopes of filling up my daughter on the salmon and potatoes rather than having her steal all my berries! She was a fan of the salad as well!!!

1 comment:

Serena said...

I like your grill idea... i'll have to try that next time. I'm so glad you like it!