Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Serena's Salmon

I cooked up the maple-glazed salmon and rosemary potatoes last week and loved them both! I have a sweet-tooth so I literally shoveled down the salmon. I would have never thought to bake salmon with nuts, but they were a great addition. I am not sure that I got my glaze to the right consistency as it was very liquid-y, but I was probably just too impatient. Thankfully, the salmon still had great flavor. I did not use sweet potatoes in the potato recipe (just baby red potatoes), but realized while eating the salmon that they would have tied in nicely with the sweet glaze. As I made this as an after-work mid-week meal, I didn't manage the dessert, drink or quite as gourmet of a salad, but got some great ideas. Serena, I love your cooking style: it is so colorful and creative. Thanks for some great recipes!

No comments: