Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Finally the Salmon and Potatoes Review


I finally tried the salmon, potatoes and basil lemon-limeade from Serena. First of all, the basil lemon-limeade was very nice! I was so curious to know what sort of taste the basil would give the lemon-lime. It was a winner! I got the basil simple syrup recipe from the Food Network website. I used the number of lemons and limes that Serena used. I ended up adding a good amount of water to keep it from being SO sweet. We found that it makes a yum, yum, yummy drink if you put a little less water and use it like a mixer with vodka.
I was worried that the salmon was going to be too sweet. However, my glaze thinned a lot when I put it on the salmon and a lot of it ran off so it was just lightly glazed--not too sweet at all. My husband and I both enjoyed the pecans on the salmon.
The potatoes are something I have made before, but never with sweet potatoes. That's why this blog is so great . . . always a new idea and a new perspective. Also, it made them so pretty!
All in all, I would say that I loved each recipe individually but with the drink, the sweet potatoes and the maple syrup it was quite sweet for my taste. I love the recipes and I will definitely make them all again, but maybe not all together at the same time.
Kudos to Serena for a great menu . . . next time I am somewhere that I can get all the ingredients I will try the salad and dessert. They look scrumptious!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You've got me curious about the yummy drink! I didn't make it the same day I did everything else because there was too much happening (dinner guests). But now I think I'll go back and try it... Andy & I are always looking for something tasty to make a mixed drink!