Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Mango & Shrimp...Gooood!

I feel bad making my post just after Alyssa did because her picture is so nice and mine is bad (hence no picture). Okay, we LOVED this recipe... don't I say that about every one? :) First off I was caught off guard by the paste for the shrimp. In my mind I was making a marinade and it most certainly was not a marinade but a paste. I followed the recipe exactly with one minor alteration, I doubled the paste part and in so doing only used 1 1/2 the amount of curry. We like curry but didn't want it to be too spicy for Abigail.
I have no experience with mango. I was a bit intimidated at first but dug right in anyway. What the heck is up with that weird pit thing in the middle?? Weird. The few times I have tasted fresh mango I am surprised by its spiciness; I like it. On with the review...
Everyone loved the yummy dinner, except Abigail. I can never tell if she doesn't like something for real or if she's just being 2. I think she was being 2 because she likes everything in there and she ate all the shrimp and loved them. I loved the spicy shrimp with the mango! What a great combo! I was a little surprised that the leftovers weren't as good for lunch today as I thought. You know how some things are better the next day? I thought this would be that way. I also made the dessert, it was very good! Refreshing... I love lime.
We made mojitos to drink with dinner, that added a nice touch. Something about the drink and the food made me feel like I should be in the Caribbean! Tisha, thank you! This meal is a redo, it will be great to make next week when my mom comes (she is allergic to gluten). Over all we give it four thumbs up!

1 comment:

Tisha said...

Mojitos - what a good idea!