Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, August 11, 2008

FOrmat Change anyone??

So, I first of all want to say that I am loving this!! Thank you again Rachel for pulling us all together to share our culinary experiences! Because I am so loving this I am often telling people to check out our blog. I have a link to it on my family blog and have heard alot of reviews.

The theme I am finding is that our blog is great and fun to read. However, when referring people to check out a certain recipe they are having great difficulty finding the recipe. I was wondering if anyone knew how we could change this so it is more user friendly. I too have difficulty going back and trying to find the recipe I want to redo (and yes, I have redone almost every recipe that has been posted).

My thought was that perhaps we could only Post recipes on the main page and then each persons that reviews it cando so in the comment under that recipe. I know it may not be as easy but then any one of us that goes back to look for a recipe will have them all right there as soon as we open the blog and the reviews will stay close to the original recipe even if it is added later on.

I would love to hear more of what you ladies are finding and see how we can improve on this fabulous idea!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is there a way to make an index of certain specific posts on the side? i.e. just the recipe posts would have links there. I don't know what the options are since I'm not a blogger.

Rachel said...

That is the exact idea I had. I know all the posts are categorized on the bottom right by month... maybe we can do something like an index to weed out the recipes.

**Calling Jonathan Cotton...Jonathan Cotton to Chic Chefs...**

stacita said...

I do think the recipes should be seperated somehow, but I would miss the other posts on the main page. They are half the fun!