Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mussels


Yesterday we went to the fish market. I got mussels. I never get mussels. I was so proud of how they turned out. I had a great time cooking them and they were very fun to eat, too! I'll have to make them again soon. I boiled them for about 2 mins, meanwhile sauteing garlic green onions and parsley in butter and olive oil. Then I added the mussels with some white wine and a tiny bit of the "stock" from the boiled mussels. After just a few moments, I removed the mussels with a slotted spoon onto a plate. I reduced the sauce and poured it over the mussels. If anyone has any good tips for me on mussel preparation, please comment below! Thanks!

1 comment:

carrie said...

Fancy Food...I'll have to ask my Baba (Grandma) how she cooks her mussels.