Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tisha's Tasty Treats!

I was so impressed with this menu! I know I am late at posting it but I did actually make the recipe weeks ago and didn't realize I never said anything! I am not much of a rice salad fan so wasn't sure what I would think of this! I LOVED IT! My mom was in town so I made this for my mom and mary and it turned out to be a perfectly easy, perfectly satisfying summer meal.

I loved the shrimp although I did not soak my wood skewers so they kinda burnt a bit wherever exposed but other than that no worries. I really enjoyed the bold flavors of the shrimp with the balance of sweet and savory rice. I used more cocomut milk then the recipe suggested and less water just because I didn't measure but, it was super yummy. I also really liked that this menu could be used as a great entertaining menu and still didn't take long in the kitchen! Thanks to all! Now I am off to dream of greek goodness for next week!

No comments: