Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Strawberry Jam!

We had a great Saturday morning outing as a family at the farmers market! I have been wanting to make strawberry jam and get some fresh fruit to just have in the freezer for winter. So yesterday was the day! We got a bunch of organic strawberries and last night after the kids went to bed Andy & I made organic strawberry jam!!! We love to spend time in the kitchen together cooking and baking, and now making jam. When it was all done I felt so resourceful and proud of my three batches of strawberry jam! Yeah! It was so fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am really so jealous of your outing to the farmers market. Organic produce? What's that? hahaha. I love doing stuff like making jam . . . or freezing pesto, etc. Makes me feel like a good little housewife. :)

Rachel said...

I know! My friend Jenni loves doing that stuff in the summer too, she calls herself a prairie wife! :)