Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Apple Brie Soup Review

I travelled down to Oregon to meet up with Rachel and make this soup! The most effort I've put into a Chic Chef recipe. Ha ha! It was fun to make try it together.
Sooooo, down to the nitty gritty: . . . I wasn't a fan. :( I'm not sure what I'd do differently, I'm not of the opinion that it is a bad recipe, I just honestly think it is something that isn't up my alley. Too sweet for me. What I liked about it: it was fun to try something so different to what I'm used to. Isn't that what this is all about? Thank you, Serena!
I'd like to ask . . . what did you guys make for the rest of the meal? I thought maybe therein lies the key. What do you usually serve it with, Serena? And do you serve it as a first course?

1 comment:

Serena said...

I usually make it as a first coarse and i've served an italian chicken reciepe after it that i created. i first had this apple brie soup at a restaurant that one of my friends husbands owned and would just have as a meal or with salad. Not everyone likes a sweeter soup and of coarse the sweetness is always adjusted to taste.