Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Two In One

Hey everybody, I feel like I have gone on vacation from the blog because I haven't been regular about my reviews. I have, though, been making everything and I am prepared to catch up on those reviews.

First: Sloppy Joes

I did like this recipe. As I said in a comment, I really like the idea of "modernising" old recipes so I was excited for this one. I, as Tisha, liked the vegetables in it and it tasted fresh and wholesome to us. I used a little extra Worchershire sauce, which was sooo yummy! and I actually think even more would have been good or something to make the flavor not so "bright" Do you know what I mean when I say that?? Anyway, Thanks Rachel because this has got me thinking about other sort of classic recipes that I can re-vamp.

Second: Apple Brie Soup

Okay, the confession is that I did not make this myself. Rachel and Alyssa made it in JC, as they said, and they were so nice and brought me home a bit of it! Thank you guys again for thinking of me. I didn't really like it either. I think I have an explanation of why though. Have you guys every tried fruit soup? People absolutely RAVE about fruit soup. I don't like it at all!! The flavors in this remind me of fruit soup so that's probably why. Another thing that you all may have noticed is that all three sisters did not like this soup. I think this could be attributed to one of two reasons (possibly) Number one, we all tried the same soup so what if we made a mistake without knowing it in the preparation of the soup? OR number two, we come from the same family and often times that means that we have the same weird family preferences. You know what I mean we all have those! So there is my explanation. Now I am even more super curious to hear everyone else's thoughts on the soup! One more thing, weather I liked it or not, I was really excited about it when Serena posted because it was DIFFERENT. That's what I like so much about this blog. It gives me an opportunity to try things that I would not have. Thanks Serena!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't know what you mean "bright", would you explain please? I am curious.

Eva said...

Well, When I worked at Starbucks we were encounraged to use ANY words to describe what we tasted. "Be creative!" This last year I have spent a lot of time tasting wines and it is the same way. Needless to say I automatically have transferred this discrptiveness to food. When I say "bright" just use your imagination. It makes me think of mild, light, yellow, thin, happy. Do you get what I mean? As opposed to heavy, rich, thick, deep. What do you think?