Introducing Creativity To The Alternative Diet: Many of us have segued from traditional dietary lifestyle to alternative dietary lifestyles, i.e. Gluten free, Vegan, Grain free, Real food, etc. What are we discovering?? These recipes are NOT mediocre!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Sloppy Joes Revived

So I actually cooked these the day after Rachel's initial post, and I just forgot to comment! Anyways, I made them exactly according to the recipe except I omitted the oats as I didn't have them on hand. Jeremy was quite excited to have sloppy joes, and I was excited to have produced healthy, veggie-laden, non-greasy sloppy joes (which is not how I remember them from my younger years). Served over toasted hamburger buns and with a side salad, this was a quick, tasty, healthy weeknight meal. Thanks Rachel, for helping me reintroduce this dish into my food life in fine fashion.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

You beat me by a minute!

Rachel said...

That is exactly my opinion. This is a recipe that sort of died after the 1980's. I guess it's a good testimony to recipe revival!